Modern holiday park, not far from Amsterdam.
Holiday home for twelve people in Zeeland.
Sauna of a holiday home for six people in a holiday park in Frisia.
Roofed and heated pool of a holiday villa in Zeeland
This holiday home is located in the little yacht harbour of Enkhuizen and has received 23 positive reviews to date.
Relax at a seaside holiday home in Zeeland
If you're dreaming of an island holiday home, Zeeland could be the travel destination you've been searching for. Located in the southwestern Netherlands, this province lies alongside the Belgian border and comprises several islands, estuaries, and waterways. Its extensive coastline and beaches make it one of the Netherlands’ holiday hotspots. Zeeland’s wide open spaces meet the clear waters of the sea, offering near-endless possibilities to nature lovers, water sports enthusiasts, beachgoers, and anyone seeking relaxation.
General information about Zeeland
Whether you're looking for a holiday apartment in Zeeland next to the ocean, a quaint farmhouse in the countryside, or a large Zeeland holiday home for big groups, you're sure to find it in this province in the Netherlands.
A variety of beach types across Zeeland
With approximately 650km of coastline, the safe, clean, and beautiful sands of Zeeland make it a popular destination for holidaymakers. Look forward to romantic walks on the beach at sunset or invigorating treks across the dunes with your dog – all of Zeeland's many beaches are worth exploring. On the province's many family beaches, build sandcastles with the kids and have fun at the play facilities, all under the watchful eyes of a lifeguard. The beach at Ouddorp is even regularly visited by seals. Natural beaches, such as the one at ’t Zwin, are full of dunes, unique marine fauna, and ancient fossils, making them great places to go exploring. For an action-packed holiday, Brouwersdam's long stretches of beaches are popular for wind and kite surfing, sailing, and extreme water sports.
Zeeland holiday homes reflect Dutch lifestyle
With TUI Villas, you'll find a large selection of holiday homes across Zeeland of every possible style, all reflective of the country's typical homes. The region is vast and diverse, as is its choice of holiday homes. Properties in the area include all types of modern houses, holiday homes with swimming pools or saunas, rural farmhouses, cosy apartments, and beachfront chalets. So no matter what type of coastal getaway you're seeking, or whether you're travelling in a large or small group, Zeeland should have something to suit you.
Dine in your holiday home on Zeeland's harvest
With great zeal, you can fill the fridge of your holiday apartment in Zeeland with a host of locally grown vegetables, Dutch cheeses, and dairy. Zeeland is very much a farming region, as its marine clay soil is particularly fertile. However, the island setting means that Zeeland also has a rich traditional oyster culture, along with many shrimp and mussel fisheries. If you're a fan of seafood, you'll be happy to discover that many of Zeeland's small towns and villages still have a working harbour. All types of dishes – from barbecued fresh fish with green salad, to oysters and sparkling wine, to shrimp cocktails – can be picked up relatively cheaply from local fishmongers and markets near your holiday letting.
Roman, Gothic, and modern history on offer
Zeeland's rich history goes as far as Roman times, when it was a centre of trade. Although the region has changed over the years due to the ongoing battle between land and sea in these ‘lowlands’, most towns here date back to the Middle Ages. Middelburg, which became a city in the 13th century, has a Gothic town hall and centre similar to those of Vlissingen, Veere, and Zierikzee. During WWII, the region was occupied by the Nazis, endured heavy fighting, and was used as a strategic defence site. Walk in the footsteps of those who resisted and follow the Liberation Route to see where important battles took place here, along with concrete bunkers still standing on Zeeland's beaches. History lovers will appreciate the Liberation Museum in Nieuwdorp.
Popular destinations and neighbouring locations
Lighthouses, harbours, and beaches line the Coast of Zeeland, with the Scheldt River making its way from France to the ocean here. Whereas the river used to run into the estuaries of Oosterschelde (Eastern Scheldt) and Westerschelde (Western Scheldt), today only the western side connects the river to the sea. This archipelago of peninsulas, connected by bridges and ferries, offers holidaymakers plenty to do amid great natural beauty. Oosterschelde National Park, the largest in the Netherlands, is made up of salt waters, mud flats, and meadows. The beautiful area is ideal for scuba diving, sailing, fishing, walking, or cycling.
To travel to Zeeland from England, there are numerous routes at your disposal. Across the sea from each other, the two countries are connected by plane, boat, train, and car routes. Holidaymakers can fly to a handful of airports, such as Rotterdam The Hague Airport (RTM), and rent a car for the final stretch. Taking a car ferry to Rotterdam or the Hook of Holland is a swift and efficient choice if you want to drive from door to door. The same goes for the Channel Tunnel, through which you can take a train or drive from England to Zeeland. From Calais, Zeeland is about a 2.5-hour drive.
When's the best time to stay at a holiday home in Zeeland?
The Netherlands' climate is generally mild throughout the year. There are four distinct seasons, similar to the UK's, each with their own drawbacks and advantages. The winter will often bring rain, with some snow and ice, while spring's and summer's fine weather make them ideal times to rent a holiday home in Zeeland. Daytime hours are plentiful and cycling routes are well maintained, allowing for bike rides through the scenic Dutch countryside past long beaches, sleepy rural villages, fields, dykes, and polders.
Holiday home for max. 6 adults + 1 childProperty no. 372635
from USD 280for 1 weekApprox. 93 m², 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, pets are allowed (max. 4), satellite TV, Complete Wifi coverage, washing machine, dishwasher, beach approx. 1.5 km, sea approx. 500 m, communal swimming pool
Holiday home for max. 8 personsProperty no. 1386427
+ 6 morefrom USD 345for 1 weekApprox. 94 m², 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pets are allowed (max. 1), cable TV, Wifi, dishwasher, parking areaThere are 6 further property types with 6 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 94 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1383158 Preview from USD 477/week
- Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 70 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1471182 Preview from USD 264/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 116 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1383159 Preview from USD 477/week
- Holiday home for max. 7 persons, approx. 94 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1471181 Preview from USD 352/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 94 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1384812 Preview from USD 372/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 94 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 467837 Preview from USD 407/week
Holiday home for max. 10 personsProperty no. 1288103
+ 13 morefrom USD 705for 1 weekApprox. 140 m², 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, pets are allowed (max. 1), TV, Wifi, dishwasher, sea approx. 400 m, sauna, parking areaThere are 13 further property types with 13 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday home for max. 10 persons, approx. 140 m², 5 bedrooms, property no. 871449 Preview from USD 746/week
- Holiday home for max. 9 persons, approx. 135 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 889881 Preview from USD 779/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 112 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 889879 Preview from USD 556/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 101 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 608459 Preview from USD 448/week
- Holiday home for max. 13 persons, approx. 242 m², 6 bedrooms, property no. 608460 Preview from USD 837/week
- Holiday home for max. 10 persons, approx. 140 m², 5 bedrooms, property no. 889882 Preview from USD 769/week
- Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 871447 Preview from USD 348/week
- Holiday home for max. 5 persons, approx. 80 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 608458 Preview from USD 362/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 101 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 889878 Preview from USD 436/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 101 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1290234 Preview from USD 436/week
- Holiday home for max. 15 persons, 7 bedrooms, property no. 637449 Preview from USD 1,032/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 116 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 889880 Preview from USD 529/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 107 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 871448 Preview from USD 556/week
With TUI Villas, you’ll find a large selection of holiday homes and apartments throughout Europe and beyond. We are the operator of all the properties tagged with the TUI Smile and you will benefit from many advantages:
- Properties can be booked directly without waiting for confirmation
- Regular quality control by the product manager
- Contact person on site
In addition to our own holiday homes and apartments, we also offer to mediate accommodation on behalf of third-party providers. These consist of reliable private hosts, local agencies, specialists, and renowned tour operators. You will see who the provider of the accommodation is in each property description.
You have a holiday home or apartment of your own and you want to increase your occupancy rate and reach more customers? TUI Villas will assume the active mediation process and Europe-wide marketing – without any risk for you as the owner.
Perhaps your accommodation is a TUI villa. Find out and register as an owner.
Service and contact
E-mails and requests sent via the form are processed around the clock, even on weekends and on public holidays.
Or call us on
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Sat 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
(Greenwich Mean Time)
We speak English.