Mondays to Fridays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (CET)
Current Travel Information
Stay at dream holiday apartments on the Mediterranean Eden of Sardinia
Holiday apartments on Sardinia are the best way to make the most of this unique and beautiful island. Both traditionally Italian and distinct in its culture and history, Sardinia enjoys superb weather and is excellent for lounging at the beach and exploring the sights. Holiday homes in Sardinia offer travellers the chance to experience this special part of Europe independently, whether as a family or on a romantic trip. Taste the local foods that make this gorgeous Italian gem famous in the capital of Cagliari, and experience adventures such as water sports and boat tours.
Sardinia holiday apartments, for independent travellers who appreciate the best quality
Advantages of your own holiday home on Sardinia include picking exactly where you want to stay and what type of house suits your group’s needs.
An iconic European island in the Tyrrhenian Sea
Sardinia sits in the Tyrrhenian Sea, benefitting from the Mediterranean's abundance of sunshine. It’s also more traditional in many ways than much of the Italian mainland, with an independent spirit and plenty of history and natural beauty to admire. The capital of Cagliari, located on the south coast, has stunning churches, including the Sanctuary and Basilica of Bonaria, a stone’s throw from the port. It’s also here you can visit the National Archaeological Museum and the Botanical Garden. On the west coast is the charming town of Alghero, with more of the island’s best beaches.
A vacation in Italy by the sea, with your own holiday apartment in the Mediterranean
A holiday apartment in Sardinia is worthwhile for travellers who appreciate a safe booking process and a large selection of excellent accommodations. By sorting your stay in advance, you can focus on making the most of your time on this special Italian island. Other benefits include the ability to rent a villa with your own pool, enjoying dinners and drinks on the terrace in total privacy. Of course, you can also book a holiday home by the beach, with sea views inspiring you to get out and make the most of the sunshine every morning. Self-catering is another option, if you fancy exploring the local markets for fresh produce to cook at home. Then again, you’re never far from superb restaurants in Sardinia, either.
A Sardinia holiday apartment for every type of traveller
Families love Sardinia, not least because it offers wonderful beaches that complement its superb history and proud culture. Appreciating art in Cagliari's galleries is an excellent choice when you want a break from sunbathing, for example. Boat tours are also great fun for everyone, and you’ll make unforgettable memories as you snap stunning photos of the different coastlines. Romantic getaways to Sardinia offer the chance to walk among medieval cobbled streets, stopping for a coffee or bowl of pasta before visiting the 12th-century Castle of San Michele. Dog owners can also bring their pets along to many of Sardinia’s holiday rentals, where there is plenty of outdoor space to make use of.
The wonderful food of Sardinia
In a country with perhaps the world’s most beloved cuisine, Sardinia is a gem in Italy’s culinary scene. It’s believed that the word ‘sardine’ may come from the island, and Sardinians definitely love their fish. Try s’artizzu, a local sausage often served with malloreddus, a special type of thin gnocchi pasta. Local breads marinated in lamb stock and served with tomatoes makes for a tasty snack, too. Of course, general Italian dishes such as spaghetti Bolognese, lasagne, and all manner of pizzas are easy to find as well. Everyone in the family is sure to find something they love in Sardinian cuisine. You can also opt to shop at local markets, like San Benedetto in Cagliari, or at a supermarket, and then cook at home.
The different types of Sardinian holiday apartment and houses
There are many unique and classic homes to rent in Sardinia, including sprawling Italian villas with pools and gardens for creating your own sanctuary on holiday. Castle-like constructions with towers and turrets will make you feel like a king or queen in Sardinia, while holiday apartments will place you close to the action in town centres or by the sea. Choosing secluded luxury in the rolling hills of Soleminis or be part of daily life of Cagliari to feel right at home on this friendly, sunny island.
Popular hotspots to stay at and visit
Sardinia, one of the largest islands of the Mediterranean, offers plenty to explore, depending on your particular tastes. The sophisticated Costa Smeralda is at the northeastern tip of Sardinia, just across from Corsica. It’s here you’ll find excellent spots for getting out on the water or just swimming or relaxing at the beach with a cocktail. There’s a bird sanctuary at the lagoon here that is also well worth seeing. The Costa Rei, just an hour from Cagliari, is excellent if you’d like to enjoy the serenity of the coast but also be close enough to pop into town for food and sightseeing. The aptly named Costa Paradiso, a northwestern haven, boasts superb mountain vistas leading to bright turquoise waters.
Travelling to Sardinia
There are three main airports in Sardinia, each taking you to a different corner of the island: Cagliari Elmas Airport (CAG) in the southeast, Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport (OLB) in the northeast, and Alghero-Fertilia Airport (AHO) in the northwest. Flights take around 2.5 hours from London. From the airport, you’ll be a short taxi ride from your chosen Sardinia hotspot.
The best time of year to see Sardinia
Part of what makes Sardinia such a brilliant destination is its year-round pleasant weather. Even in winter, temperatures are mild and good enough for hiking and sightseeing away from the busier crowds. Summer barely seems to end, and from June to September, you’ll see the thermometer reach the high 20s and 30s. In the spring, witness the landscape bloom with a majestic show of flowers – it’s usually still warm enough for a dip in the sea or pool then, too. The traditional city of Cagliari puts on quite a show at Christmastime, with markets and lights setting the scene for a very different kind of winter break. There’s definitely never a bad time to visit Sardinia!
Holiday home for max. 6 personsProperty no. 405061
+ 14 morefrom USD 772for 1 weekApprox. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, pets not allowed, satellite TV, washing machine, sandy beach approx. 300 m, sea/lake viewThere are 14 further property types with 14 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday home for max. 3 persons, approx. 32 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 858124 Preview from USD 495/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 80 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1270614 Preview from USD 929/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 75 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1292659 Preview from USD 894/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 80 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1508418 Preview from USD 929/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 110 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1508419 Preview from USD 1,121/week
- Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 40 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1558306 Preview from USD 546/week
- Holiday home for max. 3 persons, approx. 32 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1558307 Preview from USD 444/week
- Holiday home for max. 3 persons, approx. 32 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1558312 Preview from USD 444/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 42 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1558413 Preview from USD 409/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 8 persons, approx. 110 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1579867 Preview from USD 864/week
- Holiday home for max. 3 persons, approx. 32 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1270605 Preview from USD 495/week
- Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 40 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 372855 Preview from USD 546/week
- Holiday home for max. 3 persons, approx. 32 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 210581 Preview from USD 495/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 110 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1270611 Preview from USD 1,121/week
Holiday apartment for max. 7 adults + 3 childrenProperty no. 605811
+ 10 morefrom USD 1,245for 1 weekApprox. 126 m², 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pets are allowed (on request), satellite TV, Complete Wifi coverage, dishwasher, non-smoking property, sandy beach approx. 1.5 km, sauna, communal swimming poolThere are 10 further property types with 10 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, approx. 55 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 605010 Preview from USD 601/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 45 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 698980 Preview from USD 601/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 adults + 1 child, approx. 80 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 648846 Preview from USD 881/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 adults + 2 children, approx. 45 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 878343 Preview from USD 601/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 adults + 2 children, approx. 35 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 895610 Preview from USD 559/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 65 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 698965 Preview from USD 881/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, approx. 50 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 455276 Preview from USD 601/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 adults + 2 children, approx. 40 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 698981 Preview from USD 601/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 48 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 698999 Preview from USD 601/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 5 persons, approx. 80 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 455274 Preview from USD 881/week
You have a holiday home or apartment of your own and you want to increase your occupancy rate and reach more customers? TUI Villas will assume the active mediation process and Europe-wide marketing – without any risk for you as the owner.
Perhaps your accommodation is a TUI villa. Find out and register as an owner.
Service and contact
E-mails and requests sent via the form are processed around the clock, even on weekends and on public holidays.
Or call us on
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Sat 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
(Greenwich Mean Time)
We speak English.