“A dream for those who are looking for peace, quiet and relaxation.” declared one holidaymaker about this holiday home on Madeira’s steep coast.
Modern apartment for up to four people, located in the heart of the historic old quarter.
For the Azores typical stone houses for two people on the island of Pico.
View of the bay of São Martinho do Porto from an apartment for six people.
Holiday villa for up to twelve people near Portimão.
Current Travel Information
Enjoy a subtropical sojourn with a holiday home in Portugal
Located in the south-western tip of Europe between the Atlantic Ocean and Spain, Portugal is famed for its rich culture, vibrant cities and gorgeous countryside. Lisbon is the capital city of Portugal, and the country has a population of 10.6 million. Golden sandy beaches and quaint villages, medieval castles, and picture-perfect countryside combine to provide visitors with an action-packed or relaxing stay at a holiday home in Portugal. If you're looking for a holiday destination full of rich culture, gorgeous beaches for sunbathing or surfing, charming landscapes or diverse cuisine, Portugal is the place for you.
Choosing the ideal holiday home in Portugal
Portugal's long and proud history dates back to early days of expedition and seafaring, and this small but dynamic country has a unique blend of diverse cultures and landscapes that vary according to the region you visit. Picturesque villages, cobblestone streets, riverside views and flower-dotted hills have bewitched numerous visitors each year.
A beautiful capital by the sea
The capital city, Lisbon, is becoming a favourite holiday home destination in Portugal among international visitors as this animated city boasts a wealth of historical and cultural attractions for travellers to enjoy, including the Belém Tower, São Jorge Castle and Jerónimos Monastery. By renting a holiday home in Portugal, you can admire the sights of this stunning city at your own pace.
Holiday homes in Portugal: the ideal way to relax and rewind
If you are planning a self-catering holiday in the country for a few days or a week, you might consider renting a holiday apartment in Portugal. These holiday homes are often close to beaches and attractions and you’ll even find an ideal Portuguese holiday apartment near a spectacular marina or a quaint village. Most holiday homes in Portugal have private pools and are great for families or large groups. You’ll have the option to choose your preferred location, whether you want to stay near the beach or closer to inland attractions, and no matter what your choice of private villas, cottages or apartments, you’ll always find a relaxing atmosphere. Whatever you’re looking for on your stay in Portugal, you’ll find a perfect holiday accommodation that suits your requirements and interests.
Things to do and sights to explore from your holiday home in Portugal
Enjoy a myriad range of exciting activities from your holiday house in Portugal. Take a dip in the incredible Mediterranean Sea or soak up the sun from one of Algarve's sandy beaches. A major attraction for visitors is the vibrant capital city of Lisbon, with colourful houses, the famous streetcars, and charming, winding lanes. Art lovers will enjoy exhibits in the city's many museums, like the Berardo Collection Museum. Porto and Gaia's port houses also offer you the opportunity to sample the country's best port wines. Portugal is somewhat renowned as a golfing haven as many golf courses in the country are rated best in Europe. You can also enjoy an exciting surfing holiday in Portugal as its pristine beaches attract surfers with the mighty waves rolling off the vast Atlantic.
Explore neighboring locations from a holiday apartment in Portugal
Algarve is a popular destination for sun seekers, families, and golfers, with pristine beaches, world-class golf courses, and recreational opportunities for the whole family. The diverse flora and fauna make Algarve a dream getaway for the nature enthusiast, photographer or those who just love the outdoors. The islands of the Azores and the Madeira are also attractive destinations. Due to its proximity to the African coast, Madeira offers enchanting landscape in a subtropical climate, and the Azores is one of Europe's best locations for dolphin watching. Holiday cottages on the Azores offer you breathtaking views, colourful carnivals, and enthralling cultural events.
Travelling to your holiday apartment in Portugal
The best way to reach your Portugal holiday home from the U.K. is by taking a flight. It usually takes around three hours. Portugal has many airports, and you can fly to the country's three major cities that include Porto, Lisbon and Faro. Renting a car is highly recommended for getting around the countryside and various regions. If you are planning to explore the main cities, taking the public transport is not usually required as the majority of the attractions are within walking distance from the city centres. However, Porto and Lisbon both have subway systems, and taxis are also readily available.
Best times to visit
Portugal experiences a Mediterranean climate with temperatures averaging between 16°C to 25°C. July to August may be the most popular time to visit, but it is also the busiest with prices at their peak. The best time to visit Portugal is spring (from March to May), when seasonal flowers blanket the hills and almond groves awash the countryside, or during autumn (September to October) when the climate is warm but not too humid and the holiday crowds have reduced. Rainfall occurs mostly during winter (November to March), although the showers never last for too long. If you book your holiday home in Portugal during March to May and September to October, you will experience perfect weather for enjoying outdoor activities.
Things to know before visiting Portugal
To visit Portugal, you may require a visa or passport, depending on the country you will be travelling from. Citizens from the European Union don’t need a visa for travelling to Portugal, and Swiss and EU nationals can enter the country using their identity cards. You do not need any vaccinations to enter Portugal unless you are travelling from an infected region. The currency of the country is Euro.
Explore scenic attractions from the comfort of beautiful apartments in Portugal
Portugal is a perfect holiday destination and among the world's top 20 most visited countries. It has some pretty amazing attractions that will make your holiday memorable. Even better, TUI Villas have lots of vacation apartments in Portugal.
Top 5 holiday destinations in Portugal
While there are numerous fantastic holiday destinations in Portugal, the following are top choices:
- The Algarve Coastline - This is undoubtedly the most spectacular destination in the country. The expansive coastline boasts of beautiful towns strategically placed next to golden beaches and scenic sites. The region's climate is also perfect for a holiday retreat.
- The Alentejo Coastline - Alentejo is another exciting destination situated in west Portugal. Apart from beautiful scenery and magnificent beaches, the region is a historic site, with opportunities to visit lots of medieval castles.
- Central Portugal - This region is located between the Douro River to the north and the Tagus River to the south. It has beautiful white sand beaches and further inland is full of amazing natural attractions, such as the Estrela Mountain Range. You also get the chance to sample local cuisines in the towns of Aveiro as well as lodge in decent apartments in Portugal located at Central Portugal.
- Lisbon - This is the capital of Portugal, located in the southwestern part of the country. The region has multiple attractions and a fair share of beautiful beaches and modern apartments in Portugal. It is also an art hub and also has lively, colourful festivals.
- Douro Region - This is the perfect destination for wild excursions, with mountainous landscapes and other scenic physical features that you will undoubtedly enjoy. The region is also famous for winemaking and has historic medieval castles.
Porches, Algarve (Albufeira and surrounding area)
Holiday home for max. 9 personsProperty no. 1409026
+ 7 morefrom USD 619for 1 weekApprox. 147 m², 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, pets are allowed (on request), satellite TV, Complete Wifi coverage, washing machine, dishwasher, sandy beach approx. 70 m, sea/lake view, communal swimming poolThere are 7 further property types with 7 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 105 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1458453 Preview from USD 487/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 adults + 2 children, approx. 147 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1404038 Preview from USD 1,321/week
- Holiday home for max. 10 persons, approx. 180 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1410851 Preview from USD 1,409/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 115 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1514476 Preview from USD 546/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 114 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1458407 Preview from USD 605/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 114 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1458452 Preview from USD 571/week
- Holiday home for max. 6 adults + 1 child, approx. 114 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1458413 Preview from USD 552/week
You have a holiday home or apartment of your own and you want to increase your occupancy rate and reach more customers? TUI Villas will assume the active mediation process and Europe-wide marketing – without any risk for you as the owner.
Perhaps your accommodation is a TUI villa. Find out and register as an owner.
Service and contact
E-mails and requests sent via the form are processed around the clock, even on weekends and on public holidays.
Or call us on
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Sat 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
(Greenwich Mean Time)
We speak English.