Holiday residence with indoor pool and wellness area in the Bavarian Forest.
Thatched-roof house for up to four people in Schleswig-Holstein.
Apartment for four people on a farm in Schleswig-Holstein.
View from an apartment for four people in Sipplingen.
Heritage-protected manor house for 14 people near Berlin.
Appartement pour quatre personnes situé près de Bad Ripoldsau.
Dear customers, we understand that you have a lot of questions right now and we will try to help you in the best possible way. In order to be able to process the changes of your already made bookings, we need all available colleagues and therefore we will stop our telephone availability until further notice. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our service team will prioritize the urgent cases and will contact you as soon as possible! Further information is continuously updated here.
Holiday Apartments in Bavaria Offer a Blend of Nature and History
Bavaria is what usually comes to mind when travellers picture Germany. In many ways, it is the perfect example of what makes the country such a charming place to visit, with miles of green hills, traditionally built cities like Munich and a cuisine that places an emphasis on hearty dishes and beer. Bavaria holiday apartments, whether in the city or countryside, such as the Bavarian Alps, are the ideal way to enjoy this gorgeous corner of Germany independently.
The biggest and most emblematic of Germany’s states
Bavaria is quintessential German and never fails to disappoint visitors with its amazing sights, both natural and historic. It's ideal destination for families as well as couples looking for a romantic setting in which to spend a holiday.
What makes Bavaria so famous
Many of the state’s most iconic features are found in Munich, a prosperous town that is one of the most popular visitor destinations in Europe. As well as the successful football team, other symbols of Munich include the Nymphenburg Palace, former residence of the Bavarian kings, and the four royal avenues. These are a network of grand streets with magnificent architecture at the heart of the city, which transport visitors back in time. Ancient ruins, dramatic mountain ranges and world-famous landmarks such as Neuschwanstein Castle are among the other highlights to be found in Bavaria.
What makes booking a Bavaria holiday apartment so worthwhile
With independent holiday lettings in Bavaria, you can appreciate the best of the city or countryside at your own pace. Munich is a fantastic shopping destination, whether you visit the Christmas markets in December or you are looking for local produce to cook in your holiday home. The Viktualienmarkt is open every day and is a great place to pick up Bavarian food. Taking your produce back to your holiday home and cooking for friends and family is highly rewarding and also allows you to appreciate the amazing foods of the state more intimately. Restaurants of every kind are easy to find in Bavaria as well and countryside ale houses are excellent for soaking up the lively local atmosphere.
Enjoying Bavaria holiday apartments with families or as a couple
Bavaria makes an excellent destination for all types of travellers. Couples can indulge in fairytale fantasies at Neuschwanstein, or spend a cosy weekend at a lodge in the Bavarian Alps. Alternatively, Munich is an excellent place to take kids, with interactive museums like the Deutsches Museum, with exhibits on science and technology. Motorheads of all ages will adore the super-modern BMW Museum. Walks around the Medieval city of Augsburg are also highly rewarding for outdoorsy families and it is also highly friendly to cyclists. Bavaria holiday homes are perfect for groups of friends as well, with huge traditional cottages and country homes to discover.
The different types of cuisine in Bavaria
Typical Bavarian foods include Weisswurst, a veal sausage, and unique delicacies such as Leberkäse. Lighter dishes include Bavarian potato salad and salami sandwiches with salad and coleslaw. If you are looking for a quick snack, Bavaria is one of the best places in the world to eat pretzels and Magenbrot is a type of ginger cookie that comes from the region. Bavaria adores its meat but if you are a vegetarian or vegan you can find a lot of restaurants catering for these diets in Munich. Supermarkets and international restaurants are also easy to find throughout Bavaria.
The varying accommodation types in Bavaria
Bavaria holiday apartments and larger homes come in many different forms. Flats of varying sizes are available in the towns, from studios for one or two people to multi-bedroom city apartments that can house a group of eight or more. Further afield, into the Alps and beyond, there are traditional cottages and lodges which are perfect for absorbing the unmistakable Bavarian atmosphere. Exploring the different types of home on offer in Bavaria is one of the fun parts of opting for holiday lettings in the region. The state is ideal for enjoying the great outdoors and many homes place you right at the heart of gorgeous scenery, sometimes even featuring private gardens and patio spaces.
Popular destinations to visit in Bavaria
Munich is the cosmopolitan heart of Bavaria and should definitely be on anyone’s wishlist for a holiday in Germany. It has a distinctly traditional feel that sets it apart from other cities such as Berlin and Frankfurt, and its superb museums and landmarks are excellent for history and culture buffs. Hiking in the summer or skiing in winter are fantastic ways of appreciating the Bavarian Alps and you can visit nearby royal palaces as well. Nuremberg is another famous destination in Bavaria and it is steeped in history and known for its traditional toy shops. The Franconian Wine Country is one of the best places in the country for viniculture and the local lakes provide a marvellous backdrop for nature lovers.
How to get to your Bavaria holiday apartment
From London, Munich is approximately 11 hours by car or train and flights take just about two hours. Journey times are similar from Manchester. This is the main hub in Bavaria from where you can hire a car or take a train or bus to wherever else you would like to see in the region. Opting for Munich as a base will allow you to take day trips further afield, although spending a week or more in the Alps is another great option.
When is the best time to plan a holiday to Bavaria?
There is truly never a bad time to visit Bavaria and the specific time of year you should arrive depends completely on you. Spring to summer is the optimal time to come and enjoy the countryside, perhaps hiking or cycling and being sure to pack the camera to capture the amazing scenery. Expect temperatures in the mid-20s°C in August. Oktoberfest is one of the world’s most famous events and Munich is still relatively mild at this time of year with temperatures usually around 10°C. Whether you are interested in skiing or checking out the traditional Christmas markets, Bavaria is also a popular destination for a winter holiday.
Bad Reichenhall, Bavaria
Holiday apartment for max. 2 personsProperty no. 1356128
+ 2 morefrom USD 292for 1 week1 bedroom, pets are allowed (max. 1), satellite TV, non-smoking property, sauna, parking area
Bad Wiessee, Bavaria
Holiday apartment for max. 4 personsProperty no. 1308852
+ 3 morefrom USD 1,248for 1 weekApprox. 65 m², 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, pets not allowed, cable TV, Wifi, dishwasher, non-smoking propertyThere are 3 further property types with 3 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, approx. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1308851 Preview Rental price on request
- Studio for max. 2 persons, approx. 40 m², property no. 1308853 Preview from USD 681/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 adults + 1 child, approx. 55 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1308850 Preview from USD 855/week
Bayerisch Gmain, Bavaria
Holiday apartment for max. 4 personsProperty no. 1356205
+ 2 morefrom USD 391for 1 week1 bedroom, pets not allowed, satellite TV, non-smoking property, parking area
Wasserburg am Bodensee, Bavaria
Studio for max. 2 personsProperty no. 981319
+ 8 morefrom USD 475for 1 week1 bathroom, pets not allowed, satellite TV, Internet, Wifi, non-smoking property, lake viewThere are 8 further property types with 8 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, 2 bedrooms, property no. 981311 Preview from USD 701/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, 3 bedrooms, property no. 981312 Preview from USD 749/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, 1 bedroom, property no. 981314 Preview from USD 608/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, 1 bedroom, property no. 981315 Preview from USD 608/week
- Studio for max. 3 persons, property no. 981316 Preview from USD 475/week
- Studio for max. 3 persons, property no. 981317 Preview from USD 475/week
- Studio for max. 3 persons, property no. 981318 Preview from USD 475/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, 2 bedrooms, property no. 981313 Preview from USD 717/week
Taching am See, Bavaria
Holiday apartment for max. 7 personsProperty no. 1633542
+ 1 morefrom USD 787for 1 week3 bedrooms, pets not allowed, satellite TV, washing machine, non-smoking property, beach approx. 2 km, parking area
Holiday apartment for max. 2 personsProperty no. 1272242
+ 7 morefrom USD 585for 1 weekApprox. 45 m², 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, pets not allowed, TV, Wifi, washing machine, parking areaThere are 7 further property types with 7 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, approx. 57 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1272239 Preview from USD 690/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, approx. 43 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1272240 Preview from USD 566/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, approx. 56 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1272241 Preview from USD 673/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, approx. 36 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1272243 Preview from USD 487/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, approx. 46 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1272244 Preview from USD 566/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, approx. 53 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1272245 Preview from USD 663/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, approx. 25 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1272246 Preview from USD 399/week
Holiday apartment for max. 4 personsProperty no. 1357202
+ 6 morefrom USD 549for 1 week2 bedrooms, pets not allowed, satellite TV, sauna, parking areaThere are 6 further property types with 6 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, 1 bedroom, property no. 1357198 Preview from USD 449/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 adults + 2 children, 2 bedrooms, property no. 1357199 Preview from USD 466/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, 1 bedroom, property no. 1357200 Preview from USD 449/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, 2 bedrooms, property no. 1357201 Preview from USD 549/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 adults + 2 children, 2 bedrooms, property no. 1357203 Preview from USD 466/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 2 persons, 1 bedroom, property no. 1357206 Preview from USD 515/week
With TUI Villas, you’ll find a large selection of holiday homes and apartments throughout Europe and beyond. We are the operator of all the properties tagged with the TUI Smile and you will benefit from many advantages:
- Properties can be booked directly without waiting for confirmation
- Regular quality control by the product manager
- Contact person on site
In addition to our own holiday homes and apartments, we also offer to mediate accommodation on behalf of third-party providers. These consist of reliable private hosts, local agencies, specialists, and renowned tour operators. You will see who the provider of the accommodation is in each property description.
You have a holiday home or apartment of your own and you want to increase your occupancy rate and reach more customers? TUI Villas will assume the active mediation process and Europe-wide marketing – without any risk for you as the owner.
Perhaps your accommodation is a TUI villa. Find out and register as an owner.
Service and contact
E-mails and requests sent via the form are processed around the clock, even on weekends and on public holidays.
Or call us on
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Sat 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
(Greenwich Mean Time)
We speak English.