Alpine lodge for up to ten people, located directly on the ski slope.
Winter fun at a chalet for 8 people.
Ideal for your next city trip: An apartment for two people in the Währing district.
“Ideal for families with children: No traffic, various games possibilities, and a daily programme.”
You can enjoy the view of the mountain panorama from this sauna in a holiday home in Tyrol.
This farmhouse in Vorarlberg offers ample space for up to nine holidaymakers.
The “Friesenhof” farm lies near Sulzberg in the Bregenz Forest. It has a family-friendly holiday apartment which offers space for four people.
Heavenly skiing and Mozart await at holiday apartments in Austria
Picturesque to almost unsettlingly perfect levels, Austria's cities are as pristine as its famous mountain peaks. Symphonic performances of Mozart, Strauss, Haydn and Schubert in Salzburg's glittering concert halls await. Alpine adventures in summer or winter are just as mood elevating as the high culture on offer at the festivals in Salzburg and Bregenzer. Tremble at moving performances in concert halls that once heard Mozart in person, and enjoy cakes and ski runs that continue to pique the fancy of royalty. Austria is one of the most elegant countries in Europe, and that's saying something. Cruise or cycle its famous Danube, ski its heavenly slopes and sip coffee in its chandeliered coffee houses.
Austria's sporting and cultural attractions are so numerous, especially for such a small country, that it can be difficult to know where to begin. Here are some ideas to help you decide where to base your holiday apartment in Austria:
Venture into Vienna with holiday apartments in Austria
Begin your day at one of Vienna's famed coffee houses. Beneath opulent chandeliers, help yourself to some Sachertorte, an iced chocolate cake enjoyed by Emperor Franz Josef. Maintain your chandelier-lit experience at an equestrian show performed by the world-famous Lipizzaner stallions at the equally illustrious Spanish Riding School. Next, wander through Baroque streets to revel in the Egon Schiele collection at the Leopold Museum before tuning in to the City of Music's world-class classical heritage (Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert and Strauss are just the beginning). While the Musikverein is the stomping ground of the Philharmonic, you can also bask in sonic glory at the Staatsoper, Konzerthaus and MuTh. Finally, relax at your luxurious holiday apartment in Austria's vibrant Viennese capital.
Ski the Austrian Alps around your holiday home
Clouds tumble into snowy mountaintops in the Arlberg region of the Swiss Alps. Hanging onto the western edge of the country near Lichtenstein, the Arlberg comprises seven ski resorts connected by the sky-scraping Flexenbahn cableway. Experienced powder hounds can unleash their speed-freakery on over 300 kilometres of pistes. Among them is the Run of Fame, a 65-kilometre run that links all the resorts in the region. This run is rarely challenging, though there are some niftier red enclaves near St Anton. Brad Pitt and Princess Diana have numbered among the fans of the Mohnenfluh massif, which glides into the upmarket village of Lech. Meanwhile, in St Anton, you'll find more rugged and raucous après-ski options.
Foray into the outdoors from your holiday apartment in Austria
Breathtaking as the Alps are, the Danube Cycle Path also unfolds new wonders around every curve. Flights of sheer fantasy reveal valleys adorned with orchards, rural villages and sublime Lake Constance. Don't miss the alpine spectacles that skirt the Hohe Tauern National Park. Running for nearly 400 kilometres between Passau and Bratislava, Europe's favourite river makes for an unforgettable cycling excursion. A steam train rolls ineluctably through the lush mountains of the Zillertal, a Tyrolean mountain masterpiece. The silver Ziller River bisects the valley, which affords supreme hiking and climbing. In winter, a Zillertaler Superskipass grants access to the valley's 500 kilometres of slopes. There's so much to explore near your holiday apartment in Austria.
Be awed by Austrian castles outside your holiday home
Surprise fountains, a mechanical theatre and the shell-encrusted Neptune Grotto are among the rewards for visitors to Hellbrunn Castle's eccentric environs. Look out for the oriental Chinese Room and come face to face with patron Archbishop Sittikus's Germaul mask, tongue protruding. It is here that The Sound of Music's 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' was filmed. Velasquez, Titian and Van Dyke fill the central Spanish Hall of Schloss Ambras, near Innsbruck. The hill-topping Renaissance palace is set in gardens shrill with peacocks. Look out for the preserved shark and guest-trapping chair in the Wunderkammer Cabinet. The crown jewel of Swiss castles is the Hofburg, the Hapsburg home palace from 1273 to 1918. It now houses a clutch of museums – check out the Baroque Leopold Wing and Gothic chapel.
Discover more of Austria from your holiday apartment in Tyrol, Salzburgerland or Carinthia
With world-class skiing, countless fairytale castles and the historic city of Innsbruck, Tyrol is a rich and varied region. Roman heritage and the legacy of wealthy patrons of the arts await visitors to this famed segment of Switzerland. Visit Mozart's birthplace, Salzburgerland, in time for the annual music festival. Escape to the Edenic Kitzsteinhorn Glacier, or ski in sublime Saalbach. Lake-splashed Carinthia in the south blends into Bavarian culture. It's the perfect place to unwind at a Swiss spa, while picturesque Schlossvilla Miralago and Klagenfurt are romantic in the extreme.
Getting to your holiday home in Austria
Naturally, flying is the swiftest mode of conveyance for those travelling between major cities. From London, a flight will take you to one of Austria's major cities in about two and a half hours. There are a wealth of other ways to get to Austria, with perhaps the most sophisticated among them being by train. Rapid and inexpensive, arriving by train is certainly more scenic and arguably more leisurely than flying or driving.
When to stay in holiday homes in Austria
June until August is the sunniest and also the most expensive time to visit Austria. Many prefer spring and autumn, when the weather is still superb for outdoor experiences, but the crowds more dispersed. Music fans may want to build a trip around the Vienna Festival in June or the Salzburg Festival and the Bregenzer Festspiele in July. The Christmas markets in Austria are some of the most appealing in Europe, and Austrian architecture looks all the more attractive when dusted with snow in the winter months. Anticipate tolls for using the Austrian autobahn, and be sure to purchase and display a vignette on your vehicle before entering Austria.
Useful information for breaks at holiday homes in Austria
It is easy for European visitors to enter Austria, as a visa is not required. If travelling with your pet, a pet passport, microchip and proof of up-to-date vaccinations will be required for entry into Austria. The currency is the euro, making currency exchange easy and conversion rates uncomplicated to figure out. You'll hear a combination of German, Austrian German, Hungarian and Slovenian spoken in the country, though Austrians also speak excellent English.
The top rated locations in Austria
- Filzmoos in the Salzburgerland
- Sankt Koloman in the Salzburgerland
- Telfes im Stubai in Tyrol
- Sankt Gilgen in the Salzburgerland
- Werfenweng in the Salzburgerland
- Sankt Jodok am Brenner in Tyrol
- Haus im Ennstal in Styria
- Sankt Anton im Montafon in Vorarlberg
- Sankt Lorenzen ob Murau in Styria
- Salzburg in the Salzburgerland
Turracherhöhe, Carinthia (Upper Carinthia)
Holiday home for max. 11 personsfrom USD 1,536for 1 weekApprox. 130 m², 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pets not allowed, satellite TV, WLAN, dishwasher, non-smoking property,
Neukirchen am Großvenediger, Salzburgerland (Wildkogel Arena)
Holiday home for max. 8 personsfrom USD 1,168for 1 weekApprox. 85 m², 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, pets are allowed (max. 2), satellite TV, WLAN, washing machine, dishwasher, non-smoking property, sauna, On the ski pisteThere are 3 further property types with 3 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, approx. 100 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1308267 Preview from USD 598/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, approx. 100 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1308268 Preview from USD 598/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 125 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1308270 Preview from USD 1,625/week
Fügen, Zillertal (Hochfügen-Hochzillertal)
Holiday apartment for max. 8 personsfrom USD 930for 1 weekApprox. 80 m², 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pets not allowed, satellite TV, WLAN, dishwasher, non-smoking property, saunaThere are 5 further property types with 5 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 5 persons, approx. 65 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1308326 Preview from USD 588/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 40 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1308325 Preview from USD 462/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 10 persons, approx. 110 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1308329 Preview from USD 1,158/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, approx. 33 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1308324 Preview from USD 382/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, approx. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1308327 Preview from USD 679/week
Flachau, Salzburgerland (Pongau)
Holiday apartment for max. 6 personsfrom USD 703for 1 weekApprox. 60 m², 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pets not allowed, WLAN, dishwasher, sauna, poolThere are 4 further property types with 4 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday home for max. 6 persons, approx. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1322561 Preview from USD 840/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 40 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1322556 Preview from USD 592/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 50 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1322557 Preview from USD 680/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 5 adults + 2 children, approx. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1322559 Preview from USD 800/week
Pichl-Preunegg, Amadé ski network (Reiter Alpe)
Holiday home for max. 4 personsfrom USD 901for 1 weekApprox. 105 m², 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pets are allowed (max. 2), satellite TV, WLAN, dishwasher, non-smoking propertyThere are 6 further property types with 6 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday home for max. 10 persons, approx. 149 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1308116 Preview from USD 1,700/week
- Holiday home for max. 4 persons, approx. 112 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1430439 Preview from USD 1,301/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 112 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1430440 Preview from USD 1,620/week
- Holiday home for max. 7 persons, approx. 119 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1308115 Preview from USD 1,700/week
- Holiday home for max. 12 persons, approx. 181 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1308117 Preview from USD 2,498/week
- Holiday home for max. 8 persons, approx. 105 m², 3 bedrooms, property no. 1308114 Preview from USD 1,221/week
Fügen, Zillertal (Hochfügen-Hochzillertal)
Holiday apartment for max. 8 personsfrom USD 609for 1 weekApprox. 80 m², 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, pets not allowed, satellite TV, WLAN, dishwasher, non-smoking property, saunaThere are 5 further property types with 5 accommodations for this complex
- Holiday apartment for max. 6 persons, approx. 70 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1315104 Preview from USD 472/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 5 persons, approx. 65 m², 2 bedrooms, property no. 1315103 Preview from USD 449/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 3 persons, approx. 33 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1315101 Preview from USD 313/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 4 persons, approx. 40 m², 1 bedroom, property no. 1315102 Preview from USD 392/week
- Holiday apartment for max. 10 persons, approx. 110 m², 4 bedrooms, property no. 1315106 Preview from USD 632/week
With TUI Villas, you’ll find a large selection of holiday homes and apartments throughout Europe and beyond. We are the operator of all the properties tagged with the TUI Smile and you will benefit from many advantages:
- Properties can be booked directly without waiting for confirmation
- Regular quality control by the product manager
- Contact person on site
In addition to our own holiday homes and apartments, we also offer to mediate accommodation on behalf of third-party providers. These consist of reliable private hosts, local agencies, specialists, and renowned tour operators. You will see who the provider of the accommodation is in each property description.
You have a holiday home or apartment of your own and you want to increase your occupancy rate and reach more customers? TUI Villas will assume the active mediation process and Europe-wide marketing – without any risk for you as the owner.
Perhaps your accommodation is a TUI villa. Find out and register as an owner.
Service and contact
E-mails and requests sent via the form are processed around the clock, even on weekends and on public holidays.
Or call us on
Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Sat 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
(Greenwich Mean Time)
We speak English.